Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Breastmilk supply

I have found an amazing easy fix to breastmilk supply issues...oatmeal. Just eat one bowl a day or a few cookies and some how it increases your supply. It's not a huge increase, but there is a difference. Everyday I'm amazed that I can breast feed twins. I'm so glad I gave it a try. I think that anyone can be successful at breastfeeding if you give it a try. Having supportive family and friends around is a great help too. I do sometime feel a little tied down, like I can't get away for more than 2 or 3 hours at a time. I do have frozen milk that I could use, but the boys haven't really had any bottles ever so they don't like to drink from a bottle. I'm not sure how I would have done at nursing/pumping if I wasn't able to be with the boys all the time, but that's part of why I worked in daycare with them and then also why I started staying home. I know that you can be successful at breastfeeding even if you are away from your child for 8 hours a day, but I've never experienced that. My biggest piece of advice for new moms is stick with it. It will most likely be hard in the beginning, but you can get through it and it will get better.


No comments: